How to Apply

Q: How can I prepare to apply for PATHH in advance of the signup period?

A full list of program eligibility requirements and information on applying is available at

 Your local Farm Service Agency (FSA) staff will work with you to fill out the PATHH application. Visit to find contact information for the FSA office at your local USDA Service Center. FSA staff are available to support you in preparing your application. You may also call 877-508-8364 to speak directly with a USDA employee ready to offer assistance or answer any questions.

We Can Help


Phone: 207-241-6767

Q: How do I apply for PATHH once the signup period opens on July 22? 

You will apply for PATHH through the Farm Service Agency office at your local USDA Service Center. Visit for a full set of application requirements, including forms that will be needed to finalize your application. Please remember, USDA staff are available to assist with every step of your application process.

Q: Do I need to work with a third-party entity to complete my PATHH application.

No. USDA helps applicants complete program applications and other paperwork free of charge. USDA Service Center staff can guide you through the process of preparing and submitting required paperwork to apply for PATHH on your own, with no need to hire a paid preparer. Language translation services are available in all USDA Service Centers, so one-on-one assistance with a Service Center employee can be translated in real time for applicants requiring translations.

Q: What documents do I need to submit with my PATHH application?

The forms needed to complete your PATHH application are available for download at These include the program application form – FSA-1118 – along with forms to confirm your personal information, enable your direct deposit payment, and certify compliance with USDA conservation compliance provisions. You may also be required to provide certain documentation from your tax records.

Q: My local USDA Service Center is not open for walk-in service. How does this impact how I’ll submit my application?

We are committed to delivering USDA services while taking safety measures in response to the pandemic. Some USDA offices are open to limited visitors by appointment only. Service Center staff also continue to work with agricultural producers via phone, email, and other digital tools. Please call the Farm Service Agency office at your local USDA Service Center to schedule an appointment if you’d like assistance or have questions about applying for PATHH. 

A call center is available for applicants who would like additional one-on-one support with the PATHH application process over the phone. Please call 877-508-8364 to speak directly with a USDA employee ready to offer support. The call center can provide service to non-English speaking customers. Customers will select 1 for English and 2 for Spanish. For other languages, customers select 1 and indicate their language to the call center staff.

Q: I’ve never worked with USDA’s Farm Service Agency (FSA) previously. How do I connect with my local FSA office to get started with my application? 

There is a Farm Service Agency (FSA) office located in nearly every county across the United States. Visit to find the contact information for your local office. We recommend you call your office to connect directly with FSA staff who can talk with you about the program, eligibility requirements, and how to apply. You may also contact our call center at 877-508-8364 to speak directly with a USDA employee ready to offer support. At USDA, we are here to make your application process as easy as possible and will provide support every step of the way.

Q: Do the Farm Bill’s conservation compliance requirements apply to PATHH? 

Yes. Producers participating in PATHH must be in compliance with the highly erodible land conservation and wetland conservation provisions at 7 CFR Part 12 to be eligible. Producers must agree, by certifying Form AD-1026, that they will not produce an agricultural commodity on highly erodible land without a conservation plan, plant an agricultural commodity on a converted wetland, or convert a wetland to make possible the production of an agricultural commodity. This form is available at

We understand that many loggers and truckers participating in PATHH may not have a farming interest. In this case, applicants will be asked to check box 5A of form AD-1026, sign, and return the form to the FSA office at their local USDA Service Center.

Q: I do not have a farming interest. Do I still need to complete form AD-1026, Highly Erodible Land Conservation (HELC) and Wetland Conservation (WC) Certification, with my application?

Yes. Applicants without a farming interest will be asked to check box 5A of form AD-1026. This confirms the applicant does not have interest in land devoted to agriculture and do not own or lease any agricultural lands themselves.

Q: What is the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS), and how do I find the NAICS code for my business?

NAICS is the 2017 North American Industry Classification System. It is the standard used by Federal statistical agencies in classifying business establishments for the purpose of collecting, analyzing, and publishing statistical data related to the U.S. business economy.

The NAICS code for your business will be located on your federal tax return documents for 2019 and 2020.